YF Services – Protect & Pamper Your Fur & Outerwear Investments
Professional, On-site Essential Care for Furs, Shearlings, Leathers, Fine Fabrics, and Luxe Down Garments.
Summer Heat means it’s time for essential summer care services for your fur and fine outerwear garments. The YF Staff and talented Design Team are on-site to assist you with a full range of professional services to care for all your fur and fine outerwear garments, no matter where you purchased them. All store labels are welcome!
Storage • Cleaning • Repairs • Alterations • Restyling • Upcycling older furs
Fur storage is a MUST during the hot and humid summer months.
The on-site humidity and temperature controlled storage vaults at York Furrier offer your garments safe and secure protection from:
- Excessive heat
- Crowded closets
At home air conditioning, cedar closets, and humid basements are poor substitutes for the optimum care that your fur and fine outerwear garments will receive at York Furrier.
The York Furrier Staff utilizes state-of-the-art equipment, old world craftsmanship, environmentally friendly methods, and customized care to ensure that your fur and fine outerwear garments look spectacular for next season’s use.
- Shearling and leather garments are hand cleaned and refinished so color and texture are enhanced.
- For furs, cleaning restores sheen and luster, silk linings are maintained, and the pelt’s natural oils are preserved to keep both fur and pelt soft and supple.
- Skiwear and down garments are cleaned by furrier method to properly maintain the down feather texture and the outer fabric’s look and feel.
In addition to the YF cleaning and refinishing services, for leathers, suedes, and shearlings, York Furrier also offers weather and stain protection treatments for your fine outerwear garments, handbags and boots.
Whether your garment needs repairs, a better fit, or an updated style, the YF Staff and talented Design Team will thoroughly inspect your garment, make recommendations for garment care, and discuss ideas for reshaping, resizing, or restyling your older fur garments. Summer is the ideal time to complete the restyle process, so garments are ready for fall/winter wear.
- Repairing or replacing linings, monograms, or personalized labels.
- Moving or replacing lost or damaged closures – hooks, rings, loops and buttons.
- Attending to any open tears or split seams in furs, shearlings or leathers.
- Shortening or lengthening sleeves or hemlines.
- Replacing faux fur hood trim with real fur.
- Adding a fur collar to a cashmere, wool, or down garment.
- Adding a detachable hood to a mink zip jacket, a fox vest, or a sheared mink coat.
Fur Restyle updates include:
- Reducing shoulder fullness.
- Raising dolman armholes.
- Tapering voluminous sleeves.
- Shearing long hair fur garments to reduce weight and fullness.
- Slimming and shaping the silhouette.
- Converting a full length fox or mink coat into a cropped bolero, zip jacket, or a hooded vest.
- Using a full length fur coat to create a reversible fur to rainwear walking coat.
Upcycling or Repurposing an older fur:
- Create Accessory Items – headband, gloves, belt, backpack, envelope clutch, earmuffs, hat or scarf.
- Update a denim jacket with fur trim or an inner fur liner.
- Create Novely Items – baby booties, Teddy Bear, a doll’s fur coat, or a fur coat for your dog.
- Upcycle an older fur garment into Home Décor – fur blankets or throws, fur pillows, chair or floor coverings.
Other Fur Care Services include:
- Ozone Treatment to remove smoke, perfume, or other strong odors.
- Appraisals for fur garment insurance.
- UGG or EMU boot cleaning.
- Leather refinishing for handbags.
York Furrier Service Hours:
|Tues., Wed., and Fri.
|10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
|10 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
York Furrier is CLOSED on Sundays and Mondays.
No appointment is necessary to drop-off your fur and fine outerwear garments at the Elmhurst City Centre store during YF Service Hours. The YF Staff and Design Team look forward to assisting you with ALL your fur, fine outerwear and accessory needs.