Well, April has certainly been a LONG month so far. All at York Furrier hope that you are healthy and staying safe during this uncertain time. While COVID-19 has definitely changed daily routines, and we’ve all had to adapt to new ways to work and connect with family and friends, know that York Furrier is here for YOU! York Furrier is offering safe and convenient “Social Distancing” Fur and Outerwear Care Services.
York Furrier April 2020 Service Hours
|Monday – Friday||10AM – 4PM|
|Saturday………..||10AM – 3PM|
Contactless Easy Curbside Drop-Off
No need to even get out of your vehicle! Simply park in front or in back of York Furrier located at 107 N. York Street in Elmhurst. Click – Directions
- CALL 630-832-2201 upon arrival at York Furrier.
- Provide the YF Staff Member with the following information: Name, Address, Cell number, and Email.
- Identify vehicle type and color, and the number of garments being serviced.
- A YF Staff Member will retrieve your garments from your vehicle’s trunk or back seat.
- Garments will be checked-in and receipts brought out to your vehicle.
Schedule a Service Pick-up at Your Home
During the month of April, the York Furrier driver (wearing a mask and gloves) and the store’s own sanitized service vehicle will be available Monday through Friday for SAFE scheduled at home pick-up of your fur & fine outerwear garments. ALL STORE LABELS ARE WELCOME!
- CALL 630-832-2201 or Schedule Online for a home garment pick-up.
- A York Staff Member will call you the morning of your pick-up with the scheduled time frame.
- Upon arrival at York Furrier, your garments will be thoroughly checked.
- You will receive a follow-up call with service recommendations for each garment.
- With approval of service work, receipts will be sent to you.
Now is the perfect time to protect and care for your fur, shearling, leather, cashmere, down and luxe skiwear garments. For minor repairs to a complete restyle of a cherished family heirloom fur, trust the expert Staff and talented Design Team at York Furrier. Click – YF Services
Protect your fur and outerwear investments from heat and moth damage. The York Furrier on-site vaults offer secure climate-controlled storage during warm weather months. Click – YF Storage
Using environmentally friendly methods and state-of-the-art equipment, the York Furrier staff restores a fur’s sheen and luster, cleans silk linings, and helps preserve the natural oils in the fur pelt to ensure that it remains soft, supple and beautiful for next season’s wear. In addition, York Furrier offers weather and stain protection treatments for leathers, suedes, and shearlings. Click – YF Cleaning
Minor repairs to a better fit, the YF Design Team will replace closures, repair or replace linings, fix openings and repair worn spots. Reshape or resize garments for a proper fit and comfort. Click – YF Repairs
Turn a family heirloom or vintage fur into a look you’ll love to wear. Work with the YF Design Team to shorten, shear, or completely update an old, outdated or no longer worn fur into a new style.
Suggested fur style updates include:
- Reducing shoulder fullness
- Raising dolman armholes
- Tapering voluminous sleeves
- Shearing long hair fur garments to reduce weight and fullness
- Slimming and shaping the silhouette
- Converting a full length coat into a bolero, jacket or vest
- Using a full length fur coat to create a reversible fur to rainsilk walking coat
View a sample of Before/After photos. Click – YF Restyle
And, check-out the York Collection to view the YF New Arrivals for additional style ideas.
Though the York Furrier showroom will be closed through April 30th, we look forward to welcoming YOU back into the store as soon as we are able. Since 1931, York Furrier has provided the Chicagoland area and beyond with the ultimate in both selection and services. As we celebrate our 89th year in business, the York Furrier Staff and Design Team look forward to assisting you with all your fur and fine outerwear needs for many, many more years into the future!