Fur Repairs, Alterations and Repurposing
Whether your fur, shearling, leather or fine fabric garment needs a better fit, a repair, or a completely updated look, the on-site services provided by York Furrier’s knowledgeable craftsmen are unsurpassed.
Alterations and repair services include:
- Shortening or lengthening garment sleeves or hemline
- Repairing or replacing linings
- Monograms and personalized name labels
- Move or replace closures – buttons, hooks & rings, or zippers
- Close holes, tears or open seams
- Add real fur trim in place of faux fur trim to down/fabric garments
For older fur garments, family heirlooms, or vintage shop finds, consider REPURPOSING from a garment into fur home décor – pillows, throws, floor or chair coverings; create fur accessories – earmuffs, a scarf, fur clutch, or add trim to boots or gloves; or transform your fur into a fur novelty item – mink teddy bear, a Christmas tree skirt, or perhaps a coat for your short-haired puppy!
Work with the professional York Furrier Staff and talented York Furrier Design Team to discuss repairing, altering or repurposing your fur garment. Contact Us via email, Call 630-832-2200, or visit York Furrier in the Elmhurst City Centre store location.